Table of Contents
- Top Web Design Companies in New York
- Best Web Design Agencies In New York
- What does a New York web design agency do?
- How much does web design company NY charge?
- Key metrics of NY web design firms
- Why should you choose a website design company in New York?
- How do you choose the right website design company in New York?
- What are the components of a web design process?
- 10 Questions you should ask before hiring a web design agency New York
Are you looking for the best web design company in New York? With so many web design companies to choose from, it can be difficult to make the right choice.
To help you make an informed decision, we’ve compiled a list of the 10 best web design companies in New York, complete with a look at their specialties and services.
We’ve also included a brief overview of each company so you can get an idea of their philosophy and the type of work they produce.
Whether you’re looking for a comprehensive website solution or specialized services like front-end development, you’ll be sure to find the perfect fit for your project.
Let’s take a look at the 10 best web design companies in New York and what they have to offer.
Top Web Design Companies in New York
Here is a comparison table of web design companies from around the world:
|Ruckus Marketing||New York, NY||2001||Web design, web development, e-commerce, SEO, PPC|
|Big Drop Inc.||New York, NY||2012||Web design, web development, branding, digital marketing|
|Lounge Lizard||New York, NY||1998||Web design, web development, branding, digital marketing|
|Huemor||New York, NY||2011||Web design, web development, digital marketing|
|Blue Fountain Media||New York, NY||2002||Web design, web development, branding, digital marketing|
|Firstborn||New York, NY||1997||Web design, web development, VR/AR, branding, digital marketing|
|Digital Shift Media||New York, NY||2009||Web design, web development, branding, digital marketing|
|Thrive Internet Marketing Agency||McKinney, TX||2005||Web design, web development, SEO, PPC, social media marketing|
|Ciplex||Chicago, IL||2012||Web design, web development, branding, digital marketing|
|Digital Shift||New York, NY||2010||Web design, web development, branding, digital marketing|
|AKQA||London, UK||2001||Web design, web development, branding, digital marketing|
|Razorfish||New York, NY||1995||Web design, web development, branding, digital marketing|
|R/GA||New York, NY||1977||Web design, web development, branding, digital marketing|
|Frog Design||San Francisco, CA||1969||Web design, web development, branding, digital marketing|
|Fantasy Interactive||New York, NY||1998||Web design, web development, branding, digital marketing|
|Digital Kitchen||Chicago, IL||1998||Web design, web development, branding, digital marketing|
|Method||San Francisco, CA||2001||Web design, web development, branding, digital marketing|
|Sid Lee||Montreal, Canada||1993||Web design, web development, branding, digital marketing|
|Punchcut||San Francisco, CA||2003||Web design, web development, branding, digital marketing|
|Fantasy||San Francisco, CA||2007||Web design, web development, branding, digital marketing|
Best Web Design Agencies In New York
Ruckus Marketing is a full-service digital agency based in New York City. Founded in 2001, the company has a team of experienced designers, developers, and marketing professionals who specialize in creating custom websites, e-commerce platforms, and digital marketing campaigns for clients in a variety of industries.
Ruckus Marketing’s services include web design, web development, e-commerce, SEO, PPC, and social media marketing.
The company has a strong focus on delivering results for its clients and prides itself on its ability to generate measurable returns on investment. Ruckus Marketing has a diverse client base and has worked with clients ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
Big Drop Inc.
There are over 50,000 (or something like that) digital agencies in the U.S., but there’s only one Big Drop. We pride ourselves on delivering innovative, digital experiences that make an impact.
Since 2012, we’ve proudly partnered with start-ups, SMB’s, Fortune 500 companies and everyone in between to unlock value through creativity, technology and business-minded thinking.
From dynamic web designs to cutting-edge marketing strategies, we create custom solutions today, that transcend the trends of tomorrow. Our multi-cultural team is made up of over 100 creatives, strategists, introverts and extroverts (or, analysts and masterminds) across our LA, NYC, Miami and Europe offices.
We’re thinkers, innovators and determined to re-imagine the way we do digital. We’re doers, makers and bound by our love for coffee, dogs and kick-ass digital experiences. We are Big Drop!
Specialties: Web Design, Web Development, Digital Marketing, App Development, Social Media Marketing, Online Advertising (PPC), Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Enterprise Solutions, and Branding
“Best of Breed” Web Design, Mobile Apps, & Digital Marketing Established in 1998, Lounge Lizard Worldwide, Inc. is an award winning web design and digital marketing agency. We are located in NYC, with offices in Long Island, and Los Angeles. Our portfolio includes projects for many Fortune 500 companies.
We shine when it comes to conceptualizing inspired and inventive online business models, brand friendly websites, powerful direct response strategies, mobile applications and ingenious marketing strategies.
Our digital strategies create hyper-growth for our clients. We employ a full service staff made up of marketing strategists, project managers, creative designers, copy writers, online marketing experts, and technical developers.
Lounge Lizard has the expertise necessary for conceiving new and innovative digital solutions that help our customers retain and acquire new customers. Growing from roots in the advertising industry, Lounge Lizard understands the importance of brand and marketing strategy.
We have delivered websites and mobile applications consistent with our clients’ existing corporate image without fail. For newly formed companies, Lounge Lizard has successfully invented brand identities and created marketing strategies that put startups on the road to online dominance.
Specialties: Multi-Platform Website Design & Development, Mobile App Design & Development, Brand Development & Marketing Strategy, Touch Screen User Interface & UX Design, E-commerce Websites, Information Architecture, digital marketing, search engine optimization, email marketing, marketing automation, social media management, creative design, graphic design, logo design, branding, pay-per-click advertising, seo, marketing automation, hubspot, adwords, shopify, magento, wordpress, advertising, social media management, content creation, seo management, and linkedin ads
We help large and small companies discover what makes them unique and channel it into a memorable online experience that outsells and outshines their competition. Why choose us? We keep our process simple, transparent, and customer-focused. We avoid buzzwords and bullshit – we spend our energy instead focused on creating best-in-class user experiences that translate into the things that matter. We get results for our clients because we care about the work they do. Our clients are hardworking visionaries who are trying to change the world.
Specialties: Website Design, Website Development, WordPress Development, UI, Drupal Development, Shopify E-commerce, Mobile Responsive Websites, Magento E-commerce, UX, E-commerce, Ecommerce, Shopify, Woocommerce, Shopify Development, B2B Websites, SaaS Websites, Nonprofit Websites, and Ecommerce Websites
Blue Fountain Media
Headquartered in New York City, with offices in Chicago and Seattle, Blue Fountain Media delivers human-centric digital experiences that transform global enterprises. We leverage data and the potential of digital, as well as our deep expertise in global content and commerce website design to drive our client’s evolution. Blue Fountain Media is a Pactera Edge Company enabling us to expand our service offerings far beyond the typical digital agency. We are proud to be part of a global organization whose capabilities include: Digital transformation consulting, AI driven, next generation experiences, digital platform engineering, data platform modernization and globalization solutions for digital products.
Specialties: Web Design & Development, Online Business Consulting & Strategy, Experience Strategy & Design, Enterprise Platform Development , Content & Commerce Platforms, Personalization & Intelligent Operations, Growth Marketing, and Globalization & Localization
Rad work. Rad people. Firstborn is a creative innovation agency located in New York City. We shape modern brands for a connected future. In 1997, we were founded on the belief that smart ideas and beautifully crafted interactive experiences would move our clients’ businesses forward.
Today our focus is broader with a cross-disciplinary digital approach to branding, campaign innovation, content and, true to our roots, rich interactive experiences. Firstborn is a part of Dentsu Inc. Linked by Isobar. 2016 & 2017 Crain’s Best Places to Work in NYC.
Specialties: digital, customer experience, emerging technology, branding, and interactive
Digital Shift Media
Digital Shift is a Search Engine Optimization & Search Engine Marketing Company. We create online marketing solutions that work on every device, are keyword optimized, geo-targeted for local customers, integrated with social media, and are fast and secure for your business! Our digital marketing agency, Digital Shift Corporation, was started in 2007. Our vision is still to be a leader in online relationship by providing our clients’ the best digital marketing solutions that deliver results! We specialize in Digital Marketing including Content Marketing, Social Media, Search Engine Optimization, and Professional Responsive Website Design and Re-design. Digital Shift™ provides the best value in web services. We offer beautiful professional websites at the most competitive prices in the market! Digital Shift™ is an Internet solutions company offering website and web application development, web hosting, domain name registration and search engine marketing services. Digital Shift can help your business be seen and get connected! Whether you are a start-up or a large enterprise, we can walk you through the process of getting online and create a strategy that meets your goals within your budget. We are highly recommended by our clients. The information you will receive from your initial meeting, which is at no charge to you, is invaluable. There is no pressure or obligation after your online assessment. See the top 10 reasons to choose Digital Shift™ or read our testimonials. Products/Services: Digital Marketing, Search Engine Optimization, Search Engine Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Web Design, Hosting, Maintenance. On‐line surveys, database, electronic forms and catalogs. Creative & technical services. Interactive Multimedia presentations, eCommerce, B2B, and B2C.
Specialties: Digital Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Search Engine Optimization, PPC Management Services, Search Engine Marketing, Local SEO Services, Landing Pages, Content Marketing, Franchise SEO, Google Local Services Ads, Google LSA, Local SEO, Link Building, and SEO
Thrive Internet Marketing Agency
Consider us your digital marketing and strategy partner. Our goal is to help you understand and utilize the power of the Internet to enhance your business, brand or organization. Thrive Internet Marketing is an award winning agency built on 15 years of experience in web design, development and online marketing.
Our toolbox includes a premium suite of products and services, but more importantly, we have an enthusiastic and experienced team ready to conceive, create and deliver customized solutions to your digital marketing goals. Because we know how to take a project from creation to launch, we are also comfortable working seamlessly with other marketing firms and agencies at any point in the creative process. We can’t wait to talk to you about how Thrive can help you grow.
Specialties: Website Design, Internet marketing, Social Media, Mobile Marketing, and YMCA Websites
Digital Shift is a Search Engine Optimization & Search Engine Marketing Company. We create online marketing solutions that work on every device, are keyword optimized, geo-targeted for local customers, integrated with social media, and are fast and secure for your business!
Our digital marketing agency, Digital Shift Corporation, was started in 2007. Our vision is still to be a leader in online relationship by providing our clients’ the best digital marketing solutions that deliver results! We specialize in Digital Marketing including Content Marketing, Social Media, Search Engine Optimization, and Professional Responsive Website Design and Re-design.
Digital Shift™ provides the best value in web services. We offer beautiful professional websites at the most competitive prices in the market! Digital Shift™ is an Internet solutions company offering website and web application development, web hosting, domain name registration and search engine marketing services. Digital Shift can help your business be seen and get connected! Whether you are a start-up or a large enterprise, we can walk you through the process of getting online and create a strategy that meets your goals within your budget.
We are highly recommended by our clients. The information you will receive from your initial meeting, which is at no charge to you, is invaluable. There is no pressure or obligation after your online assessment. See the top 10 reasons to choose Digital Shift™ or read our testimonials. Products/Services: Digital Marketing, Search Engine Optimization, Search Engine Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Web Design, Hosting, Maintenance. On‐line surveys, database, electronic forms and catalogs. Creative & technical services. Interactive Multimedia presentations, eCommerce, B2B, and B2C.
Specialties: Digital Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Search Engine Optimization, PPC Management Services, Search Engine Marketing, Local SEO Services, Landing Pages, Content Marketing, Franchise SEO, Google Local Services Ads, Google LSA, Local SEO, Link Building, and SEO
AKQA is a design and innovation company that employs 2,200 professionals across 20 countries. Awarded the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for Design in 2021, and named by Gartner as one of the world’s leading marketing agencies in 2021. Winner of Fast Company’s World Changing Ideas in 2021 and recognised as a Fast Company Best Workplace for Innovators in 2020. Most recently, AKQA was awarded the Great Place to Work Certification.
Specialties: Design and Innovation, Customer and Brand Experience, E-commerce Optimisation, Community and Influencer Engagement, Cognitive Science and Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Media Planning, Media Buying, and Search Marketing
Hi there! We’re Razorfish. We see consumers as more than just metrics. We see them as people – wonderful, complex, interesting people. Grounded in deep digital expertise for over 25 years, we continue to navigate the ever-changing marketing landscape to forge meaningful connections that enrich people’s lives. With over 1,000 people across 14 offices in North America, our diverse teams of strategists, creative thinkers, experience builders, and technologists are passionate about connecting creativity to business impact. Razorfish is part of Publicis Communications North America.
frog is a leading global creative consultancy, part of Capgemini Invent. We challenge the status quo to craft and build transformative human experiences that win hearts and move markets. Partnering with passionate leaders and visionary entrepreneurs, we apply creativity, strategy, design and data to re-invent businesses, drive growth and orchestrate customer centric transformation. Together we strive to shape a regenerative future that is both sustainable and inclusive for businesses, people and the planet.
Fantasy is a human-centered product innovation team that ships premium products and ecosystems for the world’s most pioneering companies. Offices in New York, San Francisco, London. Standing behind our work and innovating has been our new business model since 1999. Our partners purposely seek us out to ship flagship projects. From Netflix to Masterclass, Ford to Mitsubishi, UFC to The Oscars, LG to Samsung, we believe in great partnerships and people who strive to go beyond ordinary. Fantasy works across platforms including automotive, artificial intelligence, consoles to mobile operating systems and web.
Specialties: Creative Concepting, Creative Strategy, Visual Design, Product Design, User Experience Design, Interaction Design, Responsive Design, Information Architecture, Native Applications, Iconography, Production, Development, UI, and UX
Digital Kitchen is a global creative studio that merges Emmy-winning storytelling and design to captivate audiences. We bring worlds to life through iconic main titles, multimedia content, imaginative experiences, and immersive spaces. DK creates worlds beyond belief for clients such as Warner Bros., Netflix, Facebook, Apple, HBO, Canada Goose, and Amazon.
Sid Lee is a borderless creative agency applying storytelling, design and technology to build customer experiences that matter. Our multi-disciplinary team of 900 professionals works as one out of offices in Montreal, Toronto, New York, Paris, London, LA and Seattle. Working side by side with progressive clients, we deploy our creative capabilities in several disciplines, ranging from design to interactive and experiential communication to advertising and architecture. Practicing agile creative and production development, as well as radical collaboration both internally and with their clients, we create work that matters, allowing our clients to outperform their competitors and earn the trust and loyalty of their customers.
Specialties: Advertising, Design & Branding, Branded Content, Architecture & Retail Design, Social Media, Experiential Platforms & Activations, and Analytics
Punchcut is a human interface design and innovation company specializing in mobile, connected products and services. We work with the world’s top companies to envision, design and realize next generation digital products and services that engage customers and transform businesses in a connected world. We specialize in connected experiences of the future across four practice areas – autonomous devices, immersive spaces, augmented human, and pervasive services.
We provide design acceleration services to spark future insight, power
product creation and fuel team growth for our partners. We offer a range of flexible engagement models from targeted innovation Spark Sessions, to focused
full-service projects, and flexible open support.
What does a New York web design agency do?
A New York web design agency is a company that specializes in designing and developing websites for clients. Some of the services that a New York web design agency might offer include:
- Designing the layout and appearance of the website
- Developing the website using HTML, CSS, and other programming languages
- Implementing responsive design to ensure that the website looks good on all devices
- Integrating the website with databases or other back-end systems
- Optimizing the website for search engines (SEO)
- Creating and implementing a content management system (CMS) to allow the client to easily update and maintain the website
- Providing ongoing maintenance and support for the website
In addition to these technical services, a New York web design agency may also offer strategic consulting and marketing services to help clients achieve their business goals through their website.
How much does web design company NY charge?
The cost of web design services from a company in New York will vary depending on a number of factors, including the complexity of the project, the level of customization required, and the experience and reputation of the company. On average, web design services in New York City may cost anywhere from $5,000 to $50,000 or more, depending on the specifics of the project.
It is important to get quotes from multiple web design companies in order to get a sense of the market rate and to find the best value for your budget. It is also a good idea to have a clear understanding of your project requirements and budget before reaching out to web design companies, as this will help them provide you with more accurate quotes.
Key metrics of NY web design firms
There are several key metrics that can be used to evaluate the performance of web design firms in New York:
- Revenue: The total revenue generated by the company can be a good indicator of its size and success.
- Client retention rate: The percentage of clients that continue to work with the company after their initial project can be a good indicator of client satisfaction.
- Average project size: The average project size can give you an idea of the company’s experience and expertise in handling different types and sizes of projects.
- Time to complete projects: The amount of time it takes the company to complete projects can be a good indicator of efficiency and project management skills.
- Client satisfaction: The level of satisfaction among the company’s clients can be a good indicator of the quality of their work and the level of service they provide.
- Employee retention rate: The percentage of employees that remain with the company over time can be a good indicator of the company’s culture and working environment.
- Industry recognition: Awards and recognition from industry organizations can be a good indicator of the company’s reputation and level of expertise.
- Website traffic: The level of traffic to the company’s website can be a good indicator of its online presence and marketing efforts.
- Social media engagement: The level of engagement on the company’s social media accounts can be a good indicator of its online presence and the quality of its content.
- Portfolio quality: The quality and diversity of the company’s portfolio can be a good indicator of its design skills and the types of projects it has experience with.
Why should you choose a website design company in New York?
There are several reasons why you might choose a web design company in New York:
- Expertise: New York City is home to many talented web designers and developers, and a web design company based in New York may have a high level of expertise and experience in the field.
- Network: A web design company in New York may have a strong network of industry contacts and partnerships that can be beneficial for your project.
- Proximity: Working with a web design company located in the same city as your business can make it easier to meet in person and collaborate on your project.
- Reputation: New York City is known for its vibrant tech and creative industries, and a web design company based in New York may have a strong reputation in the industry.
- Cultural fit: A web design company in New York may have a culture and working style that aligns with your own, which can make for a more productive and enjoyable collaboration.
That being said, it is important to choose a web design company based on their ability to meet your specific needs and requirements, rather than just their location. It is also possible to work with web design companies located in other cities or countries, thanks to advances in communication and collaboration technologies.
How do you choose the right website design company in New York?
Here are some tips for choosing the right web design company in New York:
- Define your project requirements: Clearly define the scope and goals of your project, including the features and functionality you need, the target audience, and your budget. This will help you identify the web design companies that are best suited to meet your needs.
- Research potential companies: Look for web design companies in New York that have experience in your industry and a track record of delivering high-quality websites. Check out their portfolio and read reviews or testimonials from past clients to get a sense of their work and level of service.
- Ask for quotes and proposals: Contact multiple web design companies in New York and request quotes or proposals for your project. Compare the cost and scope of the services offered to determine which company provides the best value for your budget.
- Consider the company’s experience and expertise: Look for a web design company that has a strong track record of delivering successful projects and has experience with the specific technologies and features you need for your website.
- Evaluate the company’s communication and collaboration style: Choose a web design company that is responsive and easy to communicate with, and that is willing to collaborate with you to achieve your desired outcomes.
- Review the company’s maintenance and support policies: Make sure the web design company you choose offers ongoing maintenance and support for your website to ensure that it remains up-to-date and functioning smoothly.
- Consider the company’s location: While location is not the most important factor, it can be convenient to work with a web design company located in the same city as your business. This can make it easier to meet in person and collaborate on your project.
What are the components of a web design process?
The web design process typically involves the following steps:
- Defining the project scope and objectives: The web design team will work with you to define the scope and objectives of the project, including the target audience, desired features and functionality, and any constraints or limitations.
- Conducting a site audit: The web design team will review your existing website (if applicable) and assess its strengths and weaknesses, as well as gather information on your competitors and target audience.
- Designing the website layout and user interface: The web design team will create wireframes and prototypes to visualize the structure and layout of the website, as well as the user experience.
- Developing the website: The web design team will build the website using HTML, CSS, and other programming languages, incorporating the agreed-upon design and functionality.
- Testing and debugging: The web design team will test the website to ensure that it functions properly and is free of errors.
- Launching the website: The web design team will work with you to launch the website and make it live to the public.
- Providing ongoing maintenance and support: The web design team will provide ongoing maintenance and support to ensure that the website remains up-to-date and functioning smoothly.
Note: The specific steps and deliverables in the web design process may vary depending on the specific needs and requirements of the project.
10 Questions you should ask before hiring a web design agency New York
- What is your process for designing and developing websites?
- Can you provide examples of similar projects you have completed in the past?
- What is your process for involving the client in the design and development process?
- How do you ensure that the website is optimized for search engines (SEO)?
- How do you handle website maintenance and updates after the website is launched?
- Do you offer any ongoing support or training to help us manage and maintain the website?
- How do you handle changes or revisions to the website during the development process?
- Can you provide references or testimonials from past clients?
- What is your pricing structure and do you offer any discounts or flexible payment options?
- What is your approach to project management and communication?
Choosing the right company to help design and develop your website is essential to your business success. The right company can help you create a recognizable brand and generate leads through your website.
The wrong company could cause you to lose money and time due to poor design, development, or poor implementation of your website. You don’t want your website to be forgotten or ignored and you can help with that by choosing the right company to create your website.