Hiring a software development company is more than just knowing what programming languages they know. You might have read ten different tips on hiring the best software company for your startups, such as seeing their client reviews, asking for the company’s portfolio, etc.
Unsaid Pieces of Advice to Hire Software Company for Your Startup
As already said, the decision of hiring a company should be based on specific pieces of ‘standard’ norms, but is there something more you should be careful about? How do you decide that the shortlisted company for your software development requirement is perfect for you?
Well, in that case, follow this checklist:
- Seek a cost-effective solution and not ‘cheap’ because you’ll get nothing for what you pay.
- Communication is the key to everything, which is why you need to pay attention to the company’s daily meetings, their tracking tool, and so on.
- Don’t fall for ‘all-knowing experts.’ Instead, focus on dealing with a company that is an expert in only developing software.
- Request a demo of any software that the chosen software development firm has built so far.
- Companies following a fixed price can be disastrous at times, so give a thumbs up to the company with time and material model!
Hire a Software Development Company – The Requirements
Before you head-start to a software development company to hire software engineers for your project, you must explore the top factors that help you make the best bet. There can be plenty of them, which you can research online by going through various articles. In this article, I am going to introduce some of the top factors and requirements to hire top software development company. Let’s explore;
Not every software company that you’ll find will be trustworthy. They may be skilled and have years of experience in the industry, but what about trust? How would you know that they can be trusted with the world-class development of your software?
Well, it can only be talked out through an evaluation questionnaire. Ask about the following things to them:
- Ask about the values they follow and believe in.
- Ask them how they handle uncertainties at the job.
- Ask the company about how they handled tight budget situations.
2. Price for custom software development
The price of the software development should be based on the value that the firm creates, the level of complexity, and finally, the quality of the product they’re delivering.
Observe whether or not the software development company asks you questions like ‘what is your budget?’ during your first conversation. Besides your budget, the company must also ask about the ‘what does a successful product look like to you?’
3. Software Development process
Everyone is so focused on hiring software developers who are the best in the industry that they miss out on the process of software companies that the experts follow. Most software development companies are ‘agile.’ And so you must dig a little deeper into the software development process.
Ask the software development agency how they design the software, user experience, key selling point, and test it while developing the software project. Don’t forget to put up questions about:
- Project management
- Number of meetings that the company intends to hold
- Budget and projections
4. Software Development Company’s reputation
The higher reputation of the software development company indicates a higher quality of work, expertise, and generosity. It is best to check their reference to evaluate the company’s reputation. Initiating conversation with at least two to three references is a standard.
However, if you can get in touch with more, the better you’ll be able to understand the firm and their process and get an overall review of the developed software.
While hiring the software company, indulge in some intense research about the company’s reputation. To get a better sense of their reputation, here’s what you can do:
- Do they hold a reputation amongst the group of other practitioners? See if sites like LinkedIn or Medium have linked to them or not.
- Look out for the software development company name on review sites such as Glassdoor or Clutch or TopDevelopers.co.
- For a better sense of reputation, run a few web searches about the company’s name on top leader boards for software development.
5. Quality of the product
One of the critical factors to consider is the quality of the software product. More than 50% of hiring a software company depends on the quality of the product they’ll be delivering. Although measuring or assessing the quality can be challenging, one could always ask for the demo trials rather than making wild guesses.
It’s understood that you might not be a technical expert, but putting up a few questions about quality analysis on the table won’t hurt. So, before you finally decide to hire software developers, ask the following questions:
- Do you consider using an automated tool to run software testing of your code?
- What internal process for software code review do you follow?
- Do you follow the coding standards for web apps, backends, sites, and so on?
- What is your quality assurance process?
The best to test and hire a software development company is to avoid signing off on a contract with an immature or low-quality company. The above-discussed pointers are not to scare you off by telling you that all software development companies are scammers, and these are just to keep you away from such companies!
There are definitely some great options to hire a software development company. All you have to do is see and evaluate the companies through the eyes of an observer! Be logical, analytical, and calculative!
Name: Ashish Parmar
My Offical Twitter Id: https://twitter.com/AshishHParmar
My Official LinkedIn Id: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ashish0084/
Bio: Ashish Parmar is the CEO of Prismetric, A trusted Software Development Company. An enthusiastic entrepreneur, interested to discuss new app ideas, rich gadget tricks and trends, and admires signature tech business styles to readily embrace. He enjoys learning modern app crafting methods, exploring smart technologies and passionate about writing his thoughts too. Inventions related to mobile and software technology inspire Ashish and he likes to inspire the like-minded community through the finesse of his work.
Company Name: Prismetric